Schlage Sense Manual Guide For Installation
Guide for Installation Schlage Sense manual
We have entered into an era of smart locks; the smartest and most convenient way of locking and unlocking front doors. These locks are becoming increasingly popular due to the convenience and top-notch security they offer. Schlage Sense smart lock is one of the best smart locks currently available on the market. Even commercial facilities, including offices, are now considering smart locks for their doors. The latest smart locks, such as Schlage Sense are getting popular among homeowners and commercial facilities. This guide is all about the Schlage Sense manual, so we will cover different topics from its installation to troubleshooting, etc.
Schlage Sense Manual and Important Information
Schlage Sense got a few important updates since its launch a few months ago. For starters, they can control the locks via Wi-Fi through a Wi-Fi adapter. The recent updates of Schlage Sense also support Alexa Amazon voice controls. Therefore, you can now unlock and lock your device through your voice also. Schlage Sense makes locking/unlocking the door as simple as using a passcode on your smartphone screen. Installation of Schlage Sense smart lock is simple and takes only a few minutes. You will also get the Schlage Sense manual containing information about the installation of the lock.
There is no need for hardwiring as you require a screwdriver only to install the lock. Pairing the smart lock with a smartphone is also straightforward with their official app. Go through the following information to know all the important guidelines about this smart lock.
Schlage Sense Lock Setup
The Schlage Sense lock setup requires the installation of the Schlage Sense smart lock app. Therefore, you first need to install the app that is available on both Google Play and App Store. Enter “Schlage Sense” into the search bar and you will get the official app. Installation and pairing of the lock with the app will disable the manual operating functions of the lock. It will also delete lock access codes if any. If you get any application upgrade notification, do upgrade to the latest firmware.
Schlage Sense official app works on iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone with iOS 9.3 and Android 5.0 and later devices. After setting up the application, follow the below-listed steps.
- Install the smart lock by following the instruction available on the Schlage Sense manual that came with the product. There is also a step-by-step lock installation video available on the official app.
- After installation of the lock, pair it with your Android or iOS device. You can pair the lock using the Schlage Sense official app.
- In the next step, feed access codes via the app to unlock the lock. To do so, tap the icon “People”, and then tap “Access Codes”.
- Now, you can configure lock features, such as the configuration of the alarm. You can configure all features of the lock using the app.
- Finally, provide access to the guests and administrators in the app. You can do this by tapping the “People” icon, and then taping “Virtual Keys”. If you are using Apple HomeKit, then there will be “HomeKit Users” instead of “People”.
Unlocking and locking
You can unlock and lock the door with a single tap with the help of the smart lock app. Here are the instructions to follow to operate the smart lock from inside and outside.
To lock from the outside, press the lock button once. A green check light will blink once and the door will lock. To unlock, press the lock button again and provide the access code. The green check light will blink twice along with one beep. After that, the door lock will unlock. You will see a red ‘X’ on the screen if the bolt doesn’t fully extend. It means that the door is still unlocked.
You can lock and unlock the Schlage Sense lock by rotating the thumb turn in a clockwise and anticlockwise direction. You can use the Schlage Sense inside button to quiet the alarm. Alarm settings are also available within the app.
Cleaning the Schlage Sense Smart Lock
The touchscreen of the lock accumulates contaminants, like dirt and oils over time. You can clean this build-up by using warm water and mild dish. Follow the below-listed guidelines to clean your lock. These instructions are also available in the Schlage Sense manual:
- Before starting the cleaning process, rinse the lock touchscreen using warm water.
- Apply the soap with a lukewarm, damp cloth.
- Do not use gasoline, alkaline cleaners, or abrasives.
- Don’t leave the cleaner on the lock touchscreen for an extended time and wash immediately.
- Do not use cleaner at an elevated temperature or when there is direct sunlight.
- Do not use razors, squeegees, or scrapers.
You can clean the bolt using warm water and mild dish detergent. Proper cleaning and maintenance of the lock improve its performance in the long run.
Replacing Lock Batteries
Replace lock batteries every year with high-quality AA alkaline batteries. Never use low-quality batteries as they may stop working anytime. Timely replacement of the batteries ensures uninterrupted operation of the lock. Always use batteries that are recommended in the Schlage Sense manual. Here are the simple steps to replace your lock batteries:
- Remove the inside lock cover.
- Unsnap the connector of the battery to remove the lock battery. After that, simply put a new battery in the slot.
- Snap the connector of the battery and replace the battery cover.
Sometimes, people consider lithium batteries as they come with extended life. However, the main drawback of lithium batteries is that they can fail at any time. Therefore, lithium batteries are not recommended for the Schlage Sense lock.
We have covered all basics of the Schlage Sense smart lock from installation to working of the lock. You can read complete information about the troubleshooting and related topics by reading the Schlage Sense manual available with the lock package. We hope you can now easily install and set up your Schlage Sense smart lock to secure your home with convenience.
Contact us for further details on Schlage Sense smart lock and related products. We are always happy to offer assistance.